Early Learning Board
The Early Learning Board (ELB), formerly the Early Learning Advisory Board, was established as a governing board through Act 202, Regular Session of 2017. ELB is tasked with formulating statewide policy relating to early learning, and is responsible for:
- Directing the Executive Office on Early Learning (EOEL) on how best to meet the developmental and educational needs of children, from prenatal care to entry into kindergarten;
- Providing recommendations to EOEL on improving the quality, availability, and coordination of early learning programs;
- Promoting collaboration across agencies and stakeholders serving young children; and
- Appointing the EOEL director and evaluating the director on an annual basis.
ELB members are appointed by the Governor.
The purpose of this website is to communicate information to and from the Board, as well as to communicate information to the community regarding ELB’s work to help build a comprehensive early learning system for Hawaii.
- ELB Group Charter
- ELB Purpose and Focus Statement FINAL 11.14.14
- ELB Members
- ELB Agendas and Materials
- ELB Meeting Minutes
- Sunshine Law (PowerPoint)
EOEL Director Finalist Information