Early Learning Advisory Board
The Early Learning Advisory Board (ELAB), established in 2012 through ACT 178, is responsible for:
- Advising the Executive Office on Early Learning (EOEL) on how best to meet the educational needs of children, from prenatal care to entry into kindergarten;
- Providing recommendations to EOEL on improving the quality, availability, and coordination of early childhood care and education programs;
- Promoting collaboration across agencies and stakeholders serving young children; and
- Being an independent voice for children’s health, safety, development, and learning.
ELAB members are appointed by the Governor.
The purpose of this website is to communicate information to and from the board, as well as to communicate information to the community regarding the work ELAB is responsible for in assisting to build a comprehensive early learning and development system for Hawaii.
- ELAB Group Charter
- ELAB Purpose and Focus Statement FINAL 11.14.14
- Sunshine Law
To connect to the website of the former Early Learning Council (the body that preceded ELAB), click here.
If you have questions or need more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org